Specialist Rugby Program
The Aranmore Catholic College Rugby Program is a specialist rugby union program that is offered from Year 7 to Year 12 for boys and girls. The program focuses on developing athletes for both the Rugby 7s and Rugby 15s.
As part of a larger purpose of Catholic Education in Western Australia, our rugby program promotes values of excellence both on and off the field. It challenges students physically and mentally to become the best they can. It asks them to trust in the efforts of their coaches and peers and to aspire and meet standards of discipline, hard work and co-operation within our College and the wider community.
The program offers specialised coaching from quality coaches and is endorsed by RugbyWA.
The Specialist Rugby program aims to:
- Provide the opportunity for athletes to excel in rugby union and be recognised positively in the school environment.
- Create a rugby union pathway for athletes in which they can be involved and achieve success.
- Create a pathway that leads to higher representative honours.
- Create positive role models and leaders for the College.
- Provide a program that is enjoyable, challenging and increases knowledge, understanding and skills of our athletes.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment.
The Rugby Specialist Program aims are met through the content of skill development (individual and team), strength and conditioning, leadership, fair play, competitiveness, responsibility and community.
Aranmore Catholic College awards full and partial scholarships to deserving students in the fields of Academic, Sport (Netball & Rugby) and Music. Please see the Scholarships & Bursaries page.